Interview with Sofia Thodal Enström, Manger SSL Freight Forwarding
Tell us how you first got connected with Scandinavian Shipping & Logistics?
– I’ve known about SSL for some time now, having former colleagues and partners working there.
What was it that made you interested in working together with us?
– I’ve always thought about SSL being one of the companies in the industry that I would like to work at. I like ”the smaller” within the bigger, the familiar feeling, and quick decision makings.
Can you tell us something about your background that has brought you where you are today?
– My education is within international communication and advertising, in which I saw my future. But, as often happens, life takes a turn. I started working in the shipping industry, and I’m still here. In 2004 I had the opportunity to start ”Neptumar AB”, a smaller shipping/liner agency. For the past 7 years I have worked at Wallenius Wilhelmsen, mainly with their Swedish Corporate Accounts and sales.
Can you think of an example of previous employment that you feel you can benefit from at SSL?
– When Johan Ignell asked me if I was interested in the position, I did not have to think about it for a second. I think my extensive experience in the shipping, liner and freight industry will really benefit the company and myself.
Do you have something that you feel you are really good at, work and/or private wise?
– I’m very structured and are really good at organizing and getting things done, both in my work and private. I also believe that I’m a ”people person” someone who truly enjoys meeting, understanding and working together with people.
What do you prefer to do on a day off?
– With three kids and their activities, there really is not much time left. If I do find some time for myself, I enjoy a long walk listening to a good book, work in my garden, or have a delicious dinner with friends.
Do you have any specific interest?
– Socialize with friends and family or work in my garden.
Can you think of anything that will change in the future, regarding how people utilize your services?
– I think the world as we know it has/will change because of the current situation. There will be a time in the past and in the future regarding the Corona Virus. This will have major impact on us and everyone for a long time to come. I believe for example that the actual customer meeting will change. We have to figure out how and where we will meet clients, potential clients and partners. The western worlds consumption pattern will probably also change because of Corona. This will of course have an effect on import and export patterns to and from Sweden, as well as the rest of the world. I also think the IT- informational offer will continue changing. The demand on us as a supplier, keeping our customers up to date, will continuously increase and have to be met.